• 375

    USD/NGN

North cannot decide for Nigerians, Nigerians decide for Nigeria - Reno Omokri attacks northern elders

North cannot decide for Nigerians, Nigerians decide for Nigeria - Reno Omokri attacks northern elders

- Reno Omokri has lashed out at the Northern Elders Forum (NEF)

- He said the north has no power to decide for Nigerians

- This was in reaction to claims by the Northern Elders Forum that Vice President Osinbajo cannot replace Buhari in 2019

Reno Omokri, former special aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has said that Nigerians alone can decide their fate, come 2019.

The cleric's comments are in reaction to a recent claim made by the Northern Elders Forum (NEF).

NAIJ.com earlier reported elders from the north are insisting that the region must retain the presidency.

NEF said in the event that President Muhammadu Buhari’s failing health prevents him from seeking re-election in 2019, Osinbajo will not be handed the position.

Speaking through Professor Ango Abdullahi, its mouthpiece, NEF said the region must be allowed to field a presidential candidate through the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019.

The New Telegraph quoted Abdullahi as saying that in such a situation, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo should be allowed to complete the term of office till 2019 as stipulated by the constitution.

READ ALSO: I did not say FG is confused over who will sign 2017 budget - Lai Mohammed

In reaction to these claims, Reno Omokri took to social media to air his view.

He said Ango Abdullahi has no basis for saying the north would not allow Prof Osinbajo to take over from Buhari.

Below are his comments on the issue.

In comparing the Buhari-led administration to that of his principal, Omokri noted that the APC is yet to fulfill the promises made to the Nigerian people.

Reno Omokri also went on to post the photo of an APC chieftain who was speaking ill against GEJ.

According to Omokri, the APC chieftain has regretted his statements against GEJ, seeing that the PMB government is "clueless".

Meanwhile, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has reacted to reports suggesting that he said Nigeria's Federal government is at a loss over who will sign the 2017 budget.

The minister of information claims he never made such a statement, saying his earlier statement on the budget issue was misinterpreted.

The minister made the clarification via a press statement by his aide, Segun Adeyemi.

Mohammed maintained that detractors of the government are cooking up malicious misrepresentations.

PAY ATTENTION: Get more videos on Naij.com TV

He noted that what transpired at the post-Federal Executive Council Meeting press briefing earlier on Wednesday, May 17, has been taken out of contest.

Lai Mohammed said that when he was asked a question relating to the signing of the 2017 Budget, his response was: "When it is transmitted to the presidency, the issue will be addressed.

He further stressed that “anything beyond that response amounts to deliberate mischief and should be ignored.”

Below is a NAIJ.com video in which Nigerians air their views regarding the possibility of having Professor Osinbajo as president.

Related news

PDP would have handled the recession better - Akpabio

PDP would have handled the recession better - Akpabio

Akpabio blasts APC, says they were never ready for governance
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel