• 380

    USD/NGN

FG never withheld Ekiti state's allocation, APC blasts Fayose

FG never withheld Ekiti state's allocation, APC blasts Fayose

The Ekiti state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has dismissed Governor Ayodele Fayose's claim that the federal government withheld the state's January allocation.

APC to Fayose: FG never withhold statutory allocation, but budget support fund

The ruling party said what would have been withheld is the special funds approved by the FG for budget support intervention in the states.

The party said that the governor allegedly misinformed the public to instigate the people of the state against President Muhammadu Buhari and blackmail APC-led Federal Government.

The APC in a statement by Taiwo Olatunbosun, its publicity secretary, on Wednesday, February 15, told the people of the state to hold Fayose responsible for his inability to pay workers, blaming the governor for alleged breach of agreement he signed with the Federal Government to enjoy the facility.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the latest News on NAIJ.com News App

The party said: "All the states that are enjoying the budget support funds to enable them pay workers' salaries signed an agreement to allow the Federal Government monitor and audit the disbursement of this special fund, which is different from statutory monthly allocation from the Federation Account, for salary payment.

"While other states have kept to the agreement, Fayose asked his Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice, Owoseni Ajayi, to write to the Federal Government that the state would never open its accounts to the Federal Government for monitoring and auditing and it is only Ekiti governor that is breaching that agreement to qualify for the Budget Support Fund.

"Curiously, Fayose never told Ekiti workers that the state was enjoying this facility until it was stopped over breach of agreement and now he is crying that the state's allocation was stopped for political reasons, whereas it is the budget support fund that might have been stopped and not the monthly statutory allocation."

Olatunbosun added that even though Fayose had been collecting N1.3b every month in the last nine months as budget support fund to pay salaries, he never told workers that he was benefiting from the scheme, as workers were being owed seven months salary, but only to "fraudulently" turn around to deceive the people that Ekiti allocation was stopped by the Federal Government for political reasons.

READ ALSO: Fayose accuses FG of running Nigeria down

Fayose had on Tuesday, February 14 told the public that the federal government was deliberately starving Ekiti state funds to cripple his development initiatives, including failing to pay workers, in order to set Ekiti people against his government to enable APC win the 2018 governorship election.

Meanwhile, the former aviation minister Femi Fani-Kayode has berated the federal government of Nigeria for allegedly holding back monthly allocations to Ekiti state government.

In tweets on his Twitter handle, Fani-Kayode accused the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government of being “vindictive and reprehensible”.

Related news

BREAKING: Check out the new meaning of APC as revealed by opposition PDP

BREAKING: Check out the new meaning of APC as revealed by opposition PDP

BREAKING: Check out the new meaning of APC as revealed by opposition PDP
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel