Nigeria has seen so much of political drama within the passing week, the drama culminates at the announcement of results for the Ondo election.
Below are 10 major quotes that tell of the drama which Nigerians have witnessed in the passing week.
1. "With a minister of Agriculture who read french, you are inviting famine"
Former presidential aide, Reno Omokri has said one the reasons why Nigeria is in a recession is because the minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, did not attend a university.
2. "The way Chief Obasanjo talks gives the impression that he is a lifetime opposition leader who has never held any office"
The members of the House of Representative have described former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, as the most corrupt president Nigeria ever had.
3. "Governance is about truth, it is about opening yourself to the people"
Senator Dino Melaye has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s medium term expenditure framework and fiscal strategy paper (MTEF) as a fraud.
4. “It is easier to win an election than to right the wrongs of a badly fouled situation"
Former president Olusegun Obasanjo has attacked President Muhammadu Buhari for dwelling too much on the past and failing to turn around the fortunes of the country.
5.“Stop all these media nonsense, I stand with Buhari and APC”
Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu has asked Nigerians to shun news making the rounds, regarding the alleged divide within the All Progressives Congess (APC).
6. "For a nation to grow we have to plan for our grandchildren. You can’t plan for me, I’m already gone. You can’t plan for the old, you can only manage them. So, we must plan for our children and grandchildren.”
Former president Goodluck Jonathan speaking on the possibility of his return to power, as he celebrated his birthday with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday, November 20.
7. "If there is any credible threat to security, I owe the responsibility to Nigerians to apprise Mr President of what is going on in the state"
Ondo state governor Olusegun Mimiko speaks on why he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.
8. “If a leader was not there and he said he was not there because of ill-health, we prayed that God will heal him.”
Governor Lalong said on Monday, November 21, that the South West All Progressives Congress governors who were absent at the Saturday APC Mega Gubernatorial rally in Akure, Ondo, had sent in their apologies and given cogent reasons for their absence.
9. “Once you are a member, you are co-opted and your mouth is stuffed with rottenness and corruption"
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo asserting that the National Assembly is as a den of corruption inhabited by a gang of unarmed robbers and stinking worse than the judiciary.
10. “There is a tide in the affairs of men”
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the former governor of Lagos state and All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader, describing former vice president Atiku Abubakar as a man of faith.